frog illustration


BT's was opened in 1983 by Bill Ellenbogen and Tom Whitehead who lent their initials to our restaurant's name. Bill sold his portion to Tom who owned it for 35 years. Recently, Tom sold BT's to two former employees: Todd and Kelsi Jones. Todd and Kelsi worked at BT's in the late 1990's and early 2000's. Todd became the Bar Manager and Assistant GM while Kelsi was the Front of the House Manager. Todd and Kelsi first met while working at BT's. They are both graduates of Radford University, Todd with a Marketing degree and Kelsi with a Bachelor's in Nursing. Todd and Kelsi live with their family in Blacksburg, VA. Before opening as BT's in 1983, the establishment was known as The Hideout and was created from a house built in 1920. To date, there have been three main additions to the building to create the kitchen, additional seating and the pool room. BT's has long served the college students and families of Radford University as well as the local community of Radford, VA.

Many memories have been made within these walls and they will continue to be made for years to come!